Saturday, June 13, 2009

Scarecrows reporting for duty

Meet Bob Lowbob the Scarecrow, one of two scarecrows we put up Saturday morning. Bob is Isaac's creation. We don't have any actual issues with crows yet, but we figured, what's a garden without a scarecrow or two? Bob looks pretty simple, but he was real enough to fool Daisy, the obese beagle in the background of this picture. Now that was funny.


The garden is a great conversation starter. We put a couple things to sell this morning, and the first thing potential customers mention is the garden and how cool it is to see it out front. One guy asked when the corn would be ready, then he asked me if I would be willing to sell my truck. I gave him a half-joking price of $2,000 cash in hand and he said he had to think about and would be back. I totally didn't expect that to happen.



With the amount of rain we've gotten and are currently getting as I write this, the corn is almost knee-high already and we're still 3 weeks from the 4th of July. Maybe I'll quit my job and turn the whole yard into a farm. Or maybe not.


Here's Alex's scarecrow. He is without a name and has since donned a sombrero. Feel free to suggest a moniker. We can even make it a contest, with the winner receiving an assorted bag of vegetable goodies, once they're ready. Leave your entry in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment