Monday, June 1, 2009

Progress, one board at a time

Day 3 of the flooring install was fairly productive, but ultimately, shorter than I had hoped. Here's what we've got so far:

The angles around the stairs are proving to be the buggers I expected. I made the incorrect assumption that the stairs were even and the trim I'm using to cover my angled cuts would hide all my mistakes. However, I wasted almost an hour of cutting, measuring, fitting, remeasuring, recutting, and refitting the second trim piece along the front of the bannister to realize that I'll need to adjust my plan. Like our walls, the bannister is not quite even.

All in all, though, I am making progress, thanks in no small part to the tremendous help I have gotten from Jeremy, my sister's boyfriend (or is it fiancee, or life partner, or lover, or ?). Once we got our bearings working with the pneumatic flooring nail gun, we got going at a pretty good clip, though I still make an occasional miss fire. (#%$&#*^!)

To celebrate this progress, I went to the liquor store and found, for the first time I have seen in Northern Indiana, Fat Tire Ale from New Belgium. In a word, yum. Thanks for reading. Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment